Designer and founder of Couture Jewellery New York, Alexandra Mor talks to elforelegantlife blog.!
''THE INCOMPARABLE THRILL OF ONE OF A KIND''

-Alexandra's Mor- Style list- exclusively for elforelegantlife

Q-All the sources that inspire you for your work..

A- I love going to work. Because what i do, it’s not a job and it’s not work.  It’s my passion. It’s about relationships, creativity and giving. A jewel has it all and I'm inspired by it all. And I’m inspired by women, too. Passionate women who are in touch with their femininity and vulnerability and who aren’t afraid to show either. That takes courage and being yourself. And I think authenticity is such a wonderful and beautiful attribute. It takes a lot to just be yourself and that inspires me. My incredible family. My husband and three children. I cherish poetry and love walking alone in modern art museums anywhere I travel. Fashion. Architecture. Diamonds. Anything that has a story to tell inspires me.  
Q-Describe us your personal style
A- Every day gets a different outfit.  On week days when I go to work I tend to favor black turtle necks, black long legged jeans, black suede platform shoes, and maybe a black fur jacket. Did i mention black? Sometimes flat black ballerina shoes. On days when I work from my studio you might find me wearing a simple blue and white striped t-shirt with cropped jeans.  And probably barefoot, too. 

American actress Brooke Shields is a huge fan of AM jewellery.

Q-Favorite fashion pieces 
A- Without a doubt my vintage Dolce & Gabbana black lace dress. It should be in a Museum. But it’s in my cupboard.
D&G vintage dress.
 
Q-What jewelries should a woman must have in her precious collection 
A- Diamonds. And yet more diamonds. They’re all you ever need and they never go out of style. Diamond jewelry go with any outfit, any time, any place, anywhere. And they never lose their value. Diamond studs, wide eternity band, long Satuoir necklace, Diamond bracelet, Diamond hoop earrings. Never compromise on quality – it’s diamonds all the way.  

Q-Advice the future brides for the engagement ring.

A- Woman are typically shy about the whole engagement ring thing. They want a surprise, but it’s important to remember it’s what you’ll be wearing hopefully for the rest of your life so you want to be sure you love and enjoy it. It’s OK to make him aware of what you like. You will make your fiance's life easier and he will then be able to get you something you will love and be able to sleep well at night. I meet men who are buying their fiancees a ring a few times a week at my atelier. I see how confused they are and how nervous and scared to make a mistake in choosing which ring their fiancee will like best. Every case is different, but if you have a good an open relationship with your partner, you might want to mail to him and educate your friends about your favorite designs and Diamond cuts. There is a great book by Randi Molofsky "A girls guide to buying Diamonds". Everything you need is there.  But hey, it’s also for the men. Educate yourself and them, too. 

Q-Until today, which is your favorite jewelery piece?

A- My favorite is the One-of-a-Kind, shoulder-length, Pear-shape Emerald and Diamond flower earrings. After my first design, my husband got me a set of matching Diamond flowers as a gift. The green emeralds however were sitting in the safe for 40 years like a fine wine! My father-in-law bought them on one of his trips to Thailand and never used or sold them. I guess he didn’t know it, but they were waiting for me. Once they made it to me, the emeralds started off in my sketch book as a pair of studs, then became part of a cocktail ring, eventually turned into a brooch and back and forth the process went. They were undeniably precious and I would have gone on and on if not for my husband who told me I simply had to stop with the renderings and just forge ahead with a design. 12 months later I decided I had something that was worthy of them and they took about 5 more months to create.  It took 17 month of creation.  

Q-Which was the very first jewellery that you made on your own? 

A- Green Tourmaline & Diamond Ring.  It’s my signature piece and every woman wants one. It is a limited edition and only 2 are left.  

Q-Describe us your typical day 

A- Busy. 

Q-Tell us the perfect way to wear emerald pair of earrings? 

A- Hair up. Long lines. Soft fabrics. Washed-out or all neutral colors. Let the green shine.  

Q-How can we wear diamonds in the morning? 
A-Why just the morning?  Wear Diamonds all day long. With a pair of jeans and a t-shirt or an evening dress. They work with you no matter what. That’s why they are a girls best friend. (-: 

Q-Your favorite perfume?

A- Mademoiselle by Coco Chanel.  

Q-Woman icon? 

A-Coco Chanel. A woman of vision, passion, authenticity and creativity. Her aesthetic signature and style exists until today. She is everywhere. 

Q-Conclusion..

A-Life is a great journey. But it’s a life worth living with passion. So whatever you do, keep your passion alive and place goals ahead of you and be drawn to them as a needle is drawn to the north on a compass. There are countless things i have yet to accomplish on my list and I know the best is yet to come. At the end of the day, remember too that what counts most is time with your family. Mine with my husband and kids, nothing beats that. And i can’t wait for this summer when we head to Santorini or a small Spanish village near the ocean to get wonderful quality time with them. Plans are in the making…  

PS.A big warm thanks to Alexandra..

Elena